It’s hard to believe I’ve had this domain name for 10 years!
Although I only got the domain in 2004, my first websites date back in 1999-2000 using services like Netscape Websites and Angelfire, and when <blink>, <marquee> and animated GIFs were the craze.
I created this blog back in my high school days, before the time of Twitter (now most of my day-to-day spam is there instead… :P). That was the time while I was in IB, started transit-fanning, and developed MyBB. Over the decade, some things have changed, some things haven’t. I’ve since graduated from university, became a more active Catholic, and am still a transit fan and code monkey.
Here are some posts from the past 10 years that I’ve found interesting after looking back:
- 2005 – Started transit fanning since I got my first digital camera. Here’s when I first got a look of the “new” trolley bus (New Flyer E40LFR)
- 2006 – Blogged about Writely, which later was acquired by Google and became the basis of Google Docs
- 2006 – Developed and blogged about MyBB 1.2
- 2006 – The oh-so-fun (not) WebCT and WebCT Vista
- 2007 – On internet speed
- 2008 – Dove into some Linux stuff and blogged on htop
- 2008 – On Google Chrome, and more about Chrome in 2009
- 2012 – Made a real time map showing where all the buses are in Vancouver
- 2012 – Visited the Canada Line Operations & Maintenance Centre
- 2013 – Tried to pry some information out of the new Compass Card