TransLink is celebrating 125 years of transit in the Metro Vancouver region this year. Tomorrow, Sunday June 28th, 2015 between 11am-3pm, there will be an opportunity for the public to ride on one of the first-generation Brill trolley buses which operated in Vancouver between 1948 and 1984.
This particular bus entered service in 1954 and was retired in 1984 when the second-generation Flyer trolleys entered into service. It has been restored and preserved by the Transit Museum Society (TRAMS).
The bus will be making a loop around Downtown Vancouver via:
- Southbound Cambie (stopping at Hastings – Victory Square)
- Westbound on Pender (no stops)
- Southbound Burrard (stopping at SkyTrain station and Robson)
- Eastbound Davie (stopping at Howe)
- Northbound Seymour (stopping at Dunsmuir)
- Eastbound Cordova (stopping at Waterfront Station)
- And looping back to Victory Square
For further details and a map see the event page on the Buzzer Blog. Rides are free!